The Applied Oceanography division specialises in fundamental and applied research of estuarine, nearshore and shelf sea regions.
Topics of interest include:
- High-resolution modelling of shelf and coastal processes.
- Sediment transport and morphological processes.
- Wave modelling and wave-current interactions.
- Marine renewable energy - resource quantification and environmental impacts
- Catchment, river and estuarine processes.
- Coastal flooding and management.
- Simulation of dispersion processes including biophysical modelling and nutrient transport.
- Seasonal, inter-annual and climatic variabilities.
The Centre receives funding from a range of sources including government departments, research councils, the EU and industry, and maintains a powerful network of workstations and has access to the sea going facilities of the School of Ocean Sciences.
Examples of research projects at the Applied Oceanography Division include:
- LCRI Marine
- EPSRC Supergen
- HPC Wales
- Estuarine Processes & Coastal Flooding
- Biophysical Modelling
For details of other projects undertaken by the Applied Oceanography Division please contact CAMS requesting further information.
|Peter Robins||Research Fellow||01248 38 3961||Peter Robins|
|Matthew Lewis||Research Officer||01248 38 8114||Matthew Lewis|
|Sophie Ward||Research Officer||01248 38 3978||Sophie Ward|
|Marco Piano||Research Officer||01248 38 2818||Marco Piano|
|Alan Davies||Research Officer||01248 38 2884||Alan Davies|
|Simon Neill||Academic Lead||01248 38 3938||Simon Neill|
|David Bowers||Academic Associate||38||David Bowers|
|Colin Jago||SEACAMS Director||01248 38 2866||Colin Jago|
|Jonathan Malarkey||Academic Associate||01248 38 2848||Jonathan Malarkey|
|John Simpson||Academic Associate||38||John Simpson|